Trans Ova Donor Housing
Trans Ova Genetics offers donor housing for a wide variety of donors that makes accessing Trans Ova’s toolbox of services more convenient for you! Our team will provide you with peace of mind knowing your donor is under the management of professionals that puts donor care their #1 priority.
The donor herdsmen at Trans Ova understand the key components that lead to Multiplying the Success of your donor and achieving your goals.
What can I expect when housing your donor at a Trans Ova facility?
Industry-leading care tailored to the individual donor at all times.
- Access to veterinary staff 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Assurance that Donor Herdsmen walk through donors on a regular basis to evaluate donor health and conditions, and address any issues that arise.
- Customized nutrition program developed for reproductive goals.
- Direct Communication with Donor Herdsmen.
- Visit your donor at any time.
- Trucking arranged by the Trans Ova team.
- Pick-up and Drop-off anytime.
- Donors can be monitored for heats, and if requested, can be bred using embryo transfer or artificial insemination.
- Donors housed at Trans Ova regional centers have the opportunity to be pictured professionally, annually.
By having your donors housed at a Trans Ova facility, our team will set them up for procedures as soon as they are ready. Bovine donors can have IVF procedures performed every 2 weeks or can be flushed conventionally every 4 – 6 weeks. Our team will also analyze results, consult with you about plans moving forward, and recommend FSH schedules.
Donors are processed when they arrive at Trans Ova before coming into contact with donors already living at the facility. Donors are wormed, vaccinated, weighed, tested for a variety of diseases, palpated to check reproductive status, and condition/health is evaluated.
Donors can come into the program with a calf at their side.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, some of the satellite centers but not all, offer donor housing to clients. Check out our locations page for a full listing.
Our Iowa and Maryland locations have the availability to house dairy donors that are lactating. Please inquire with the site for more information. Iowa – 712.722.3586 or Maryland – 240.329.0159
No, Trans Ova will house your donor for a few weeks or a few years! Our team is dedicated to meeting your goals and giving your donor the best care possible no matter her length of stay with us.
No, Trans Ova does not collect bulls. However, fresh bull ejaculate can be delivered to a Trans Ova facility for IVF use and to be sorted. Contact your Client Service Representative for more information.