Announcing the JIT KIT
May 26, 2021
Announcing the JIT KIT
By Diane Broek
Have you ever found yourself in one of these situations without a DNA sample in storage?
- You drive out to the yard or pasture on a beautiful morning and find your most valuable cow or bull dead….totally unexpectedly.
- You go to a major show with a contender but do not think you have a chance to win the show, or you do think you have a chance, but don’t want to “jinx” your chances.
- Your friend goes to a major show – (all of the above).
- You are getting ready to sell one of your rock stars and after clipping him/her up, you realize just how good they are, but they are going to sell the next day.
- You send in the DNA on a great little heifer or bull for genomic evaluation, you just get the results and she/he is in the top 1%, But she/he died this morning or this week.
In all of these cases, our new product line “JIT KIT” would have saved the day for you. In June, we are announcing the ability to purchase an emergency biopsy kit, that has a stable shelf life and does not require refrigeration. You can purchase the stable kit(s) for $250 and have the peace of mind, knowing you will not have to order a DNA kit in a hurry or over a weekend. Take it with you to shows, keep it in your tack room at home, keep it on the back seat of your pick up or trunk, or store it wherever you normally keep shelf-stable supplies. Then when you have an emergency due to death, injury, show results, or impending sales, you can take the samples required in a flash, and send them in to us for processing as an Express Tissue Bank or Genetic Preservation.
To order “Just in Time” or a “JIT KIT” simply call us at 1-800-999-3586 or 712-441-3193 and we will send them to you. They have all the equipment and instructions you need in order to take a sample in the most hurried, or spartan circumstances known to man. Or better yet, pick one up from your friendly Trans Ova Genetics booth at all major livestock events across the U.S. We will have a supply on hand for you to take home with you! You will walk away saying “Man, I feel better knowing that I can take a tissue sample on my rock star at a moment's notice. Those people at Trans Ova Genetics sure are smart😉”
Advanced Technology Sales and Production Manager
For more information on cloning, visit our livestock cloning page or past cloning blog posts.