Our Planet, Our People, Our World
The world’s population is estimated to reach 10 billion people by the year 2050. This will require raising overall food production by 70% and 100% in developing countries.† According to the FAO report titled “World Livestock 2011”, an expanded world population will be consuming “two-thirds more animal protein than it does today, bringing new strains to bear on the planet’s natural resources.” †Human health is dependent on quality nutrition.†
Animal protein, particularly milk, is vital to the proper childhood development and the prevention of disease.† We must meet the rising demand for animal protein production, and we must do so in an environmentally sustainable manner.† We need farming practices that produce more food on less land. In order to do so, we must have healthy, productive beef and dairy cattle that utilize resources efficiently. Trans Ova Genetics supports the use of biotechnology as part of the solution for:
- Food safety
- Animal Welfare
- Environmental sustainability
- Economical viability for producer and consumer
Trans Ova Genetics Position Statements:
Biotechnical Ethics and Animal Welfare
- Trans Ova Genetics is committed to being a good steward of our technology through the ART (Assisted Reproductive Technology) tools we provide to our clients.† Good stewardship of the technology includes consideration for animal welfare, our environment, and applications which have significant contribution to the health and nutrition of our society. These tools allow our clients to produce animals that are healthy, have greater longevity, and are more efficient in providing meat and milk to feed the ever-increasing food needs of a growing world population.
- Trans Ova Genetics is dedicated to being good stewards not only of technology, but of our environment and our natural resources.† First is our commitment to help farmers improve our animal’s efficient use of resources.† Secondly, our commitments extend to animal waste management. We work closely with the Department of Natural Resources to ensure we are in compliance with or exceed all current environmental regulations.† We believe that we have the ability not only to add to the quality of life through innovative products and services, but to leave the environment in a better state for future generations.
We ask you to please join us by supporting responsible biotechnology to help feed the world by 2050.
The Trans Ova Genetics Team
BE INFORMED, SEE WHAT INDUSTRY LEADERS SAY
- Donít Be Afraid of Genetic Modification
- Food crisis will prompt GM foods rethink, says US aide
- The future of fertilizer
- Think Organic Farming is Better for the Environment? Think Again.
- Solutions to hunger in agriculture's toolbox
- Making safe, aff ordable and abundant food a global reality
- Cargill COO says infrastructure a hurdle to food security
- Better way to assess hunger
- Proper food handling critical
- How far back to ag basics do we go?